Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Comments! I haz them!


I just noticed some of you commented! On my lunches! I love it. I think I answered everyone's questions.

Tomorrow's lunch is a sort of chef's salad, I guess -- if I'm the chef, I can call it that, right?

Baby spinach with gorgonzola and sliced, hard-boiled egg (I even buy these pre-cooked and peeled), sliced black forest ham and croutons, separated so they don't get icky in the fridge overnight, Greek yogurt that expires tomorrow (I must learn to figure out what date it is when I'm grocery shopping. I thought I had another week on this stuff!), and a square or two of dark chocolate in the tiniest compartment.


The husband's lunch has all the silverware and napkins, mine has the vinaigrette in the Goodbyn drink box.

I have to buy some more quick-prep fruits and veggies, and smaller quantities. I get sick of strawberries and bananas when I eat them day after day.

What fruits and veggies are you guys loving lately? You can tell me in the comments. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I am loving peaches from a local farm right now. You could probably cut one up before work and put a bit of lemon juice on it to keep it from browning...unless your bento has a big enough spot for it.

    Oh, and I regularly eat yogurt up to a week past its expiration date, and I am still going strong. I pay less attention to the date on yogurt than the date on, say, milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove peaches. Good plan. A whole one should fit nicely in the square compartment! Also good to know about the yogurt. I eat very expired eggs, but I never know about other stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently on a cantaloupe and grapes kick. I'm finding it easier when I prep things for the week ahead of time. Like washing all the grapes and putting them in a bowl in the fridge and cutting up the cantaloupe and putting it in a bowl. I've been bad about prepping the whole thing the night before so a lot of mine gets done the morning of.

    I have the Laptop Lunch Bento Box 2.0 and I think it's fun trying to find things to put in all the different compartments. My lunches before were so much more boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My only comment is that the chocolate needs to be in a bigger compartment. Too tiny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this post is old, but I'm currently loving carrots and just had to share!

    ReplyDelete