Monday, June 21, 2010

Using leftovers



Man, I am having the laziest week. Between home and work duties, I'm kinda phoning it on on the lunch front.

Tonight I made another pasta salad from leftover pasta. It's just the two of us, so we eat way less than a pound of pasta for supper. When I want leftovers for lunches, I make the whole box and toss a tiny bit of olive oil with the stuff I'm setting aside. I used leftover prosciutto, finely chopped broccoli and carrot, and gorgonzola cheese. I try to amp up the veggies and use the smallest amount of pasta possible, so it's really half and half. Though I often make my own vinaigrette, locally-made Garlic Expressions is not bad at all.

I added some really big, fresh strawberries, a hard-boiled egg (I told you I'm feeling lazy!), and some chocolate squares (dark chocolate with fleur de sel for me, with orange and almond for MH).

Pasta = .25 (and we ate some of the salad with supper tonight)
Broccoli = .25
Carrots = .25
Prosciutto was too small an amount to count, and it was leftover
Gorgonzola = .50
Dressing = .25
Strawberries (2 lbs for $5) = .40
Egg = .30

And we've already established I am not counting chocolate. Mostly because I pay a lot for it, but also because it's worth it.

Today's lunch: $2.20 each

And the Garlic Expressions, to make up for my lack of lunch photo:

Tomorrow, I'm planning on doing something Mexican, with other leftovers that need to be used up. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment